CIRCLE OF SECURITY
Find A Group And Register Your Child
Circle of Security
Raising Children Ages Newborn to Five Years
Circle of Security Parenting is a relationship-based early intervention program designed to enhance attachment security between parents and children.
Decades of university-based research have confirmed that secure children exhibit increased empathy, greater self-esteem, better relationships with parents and peers, enhanced school readiness and an increased capacity to handle emotions more effective when compared with children who are not secure. This program has been shown to support secure attachment between parent and child, creating lifelong closeness and calmness.
Participants complete an 8-week, twelve-hour series. Forty Carrots offers the program FREE including quality childcare and a light dinner to all participants.
- Meets 12th Judicial Circuit Court requirements
- Approved by Safe Children Coalition
- Certificate of completion, meeting court requirements and Safe Children Coalition, provided upon completion.
Learn more about Circle of Security
- Recognizing and understanding children’s emotional needs
- How to support a child’s independence
- How to support a child’s need for closeness and intimacy
- How to promote the development of empathy in children
- Understanding why sometimes children’s behaviors cause a negative reaction in their parents/caregivers
- How to handle a child’s emotional ‘meltdowns’
- What approach to take when children ‘act out’
- How this model provides effective discipline
To Register, Please Call 941-365-7716 Ext 309
Parenting Education & Mental Health groups are provided by Forty Carrots Family Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to strengthening families through educational programs for parents, children and professionals in the field and are funded in part by Charles & Margery Barancik Foundation; Sarasota County Government; Libertore Fund for Children; Wilson-Wood Foundation; PNC Foundation; Education Foundation of Sarasota County; Kates Foundation; Heron Creek Community Foundation; The MSC Foundation; Rotary Club of Lakewood Ranch and several anonymous donors.