Find A Group And Register Your Child
Forty Carrots’ Parenting Program has been shaped by the belief that all parents – regardless of socioeconomic status, educational background, age or other factors – deserve access to information, education and support in order to do the best possible job raising their children.
From a teen parent who is struggling with the reality of motherhood to a couple trying to understand co-parenting and how to respond to challenging behaviors, Forty Carrots provides any willing family with the opportunity to become the family they desire. Forty Carrots’ programming is facilitated by professionally trained Parenting Educators and Licensed Mental Health Therapists that travel through the community delivering a unique combination of parenting education, and mental health services.
Forty Carrots strives to make appropriate services available for all families. Fee based classes are available at the agency’s Parenting Center. But an overwhelming majority of families receive parenting education and mental health services free of charge through the FREE Community Outreach Program.
June 2018 – May 2019 Program Year Accomplishments
PARENTING EDUCATION & MENTAL HEALTH GROUPS
INDIVIDUAL THERAPY SESSIONS
The Parenting Education Program Helps Families By:
- Developing strong emotional bonds with their children
- Understanding why children behave the way they do
- Generating creative solutions to everyday problems
- Using effective discipline strategies
- Improving parent-child communication
- Learning ways to facilitate children’s play and learning
- Developing a support network and relieve the sense of isolation that many parents feel when raising children
- Reducing frustration and stress levels for parents and children
- Feeling a sense of accomplishment, confidence, self-esteem and enjoyment in family life