Good Beginnings That Last A Lifetime
In a warm, engaging and creative, fun-filled environment, educators at The Preschool at Forty Carrots Family Center spark young children’s curiosity, independence, and natural yearning for knowledge. At Forty Carrots, preschoolers feel good about themselves and the world in which they live.
Caring Education Professionals first get to know each child and family, making them feel secure and important every day, and then they create meaningful early childhood hands-on, “minds-on” play experiences. With teachers guidance and planning children connect new ideas and skills to what they already know and can do. They explore materials and come up with new ideas about why things happen and test them out and as a result they are constantly making sense of their world.
Forty Carrots Educators Are Committed To:
- Provide quality education and be accountable for the wonderful experiences that children have at our center
- Take into account everything we know about how children develop and learn and match that to the content and strategies planned for them in our classrooms.
- Treat children as individuals, not as a cohort group.
- Treat children with respect – recognizing changing capabilities and trusting the child’s capacity to grow and learn.
Forty Carrots Educators Recognize
- Children are active learners. At Forty Carrots, the children are given opportunities to develop and practice gross motor activities each day.
- Children learn from making their own choices. We create schedules that include free choice periods in which children can move freely and work and learn in small groups.
- Children are curious. Teachers build activities around the children’s interests. Children have opportunities to explore materials and concepts; they pose problems and investigate solutions.
- Children are playful. We integrate play with a purpose through the day. The teachers provide children with a variety of props and other manipulative objects that encourage children to create and use their own ideas within the play.
- Children have a world outside Forty Carrots. We look at the children within the context of their family, culture, community, past experience, and current circumstances to create age-appropriate, as well as individually appropriate, living and learning environments.
Forty Carrots’ Standards Include:
- Degreed teachers in each classroom
- Low teacher student ratios
- Innovative, creative approaches to learning that stimulates higher level analytical thinking
- Accreditation by NAEYC (The National Association for the Education of Young Children).
- Supporting and enhancing the education experience by using exceptional tools such as The Creative Curriculum, Teaching Strategies Gold Assessment, Handwriting Without Tears, Enhanced Science Curriculum, and The Kindness Curriculum.
- A safe environment including physical surroundings, staff and volunteers
About Our Preschool
AGES ACCEPTED: 2-5 years old. Your child must be 2 years old by September 1st of the school year for which you are applying.
PRESCHOOL HOURS: 9:00 AM TO 1:00 PM
EXTENDED HOURS ARE AVAILABLE ON AN OPTIONAL DAILY BASIS 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM as well as after school enrichment programs. Visit 1 to 4 Adventures for a description of current programs.
SCHOOL YEAR: August 2019 – May 2020
APPLICATIONS for The Preschool at Forty Carrots in Sarasota, Florida are accepted on an ongoing basis, however parents are recommended to apply in January for the upcoming school year.
NAEYC: National Association for the Education of Young Children
NAEYC accreditation is a voluntary, rigorous process by which early childhood programs demonstrate that they consistently meet ten national, researched based standards of excellence. Fewer than five area Preschools maintain this designation. Learn more about those standards, and NAEYC.
Department of Children and Families Child Care Services: Gold Seal Quality Care Program
This state program requires participating childcare facilitators to maintain quality care accreditation and higher education standards for staff. The Gold Seal Quality Care Program is an approved accreditation for childcare providers.