To ensure the safety, security, and well-being of the students in our care, we have procedures and standards in place at the Preschool at Forty Carrots:
- Visitors are greeted in our secure lobby, directed to sign a visitor log and state the purpose of the visit. Picture ID's are required from all unfamiliar visitors.
- Every child must be checked in and drop-of and at pick up time. No child is released to an adult without proper authorization and identification.
- The building, playground, and all indoor and outdoor areas are checked every day before the students arrive.
- The school classrooms, bathrooms, and common areas are cleaned and sanitized every day.
- Teachers and children constantly wash their hands using described procedures.
- Teachers are CPR certified and first-aid responders.
- We have monthly fire drills as mandated by the Department of Children and Families.
- All staff and volunteers who spend more than 10 hours a week in our building undergo a level 2 background check.