In a warm, creative, fun-filled environment, educators at The Preschool at Forty Carrots Family Center spark young children's curiosity, independence, and natural yearning for knowledge. At Forty Carrots, preschoolers feel good about themselves and the world in which they live.
Educators first get know your child and family, and then create meaningful early childhood experiences built around essential elements for children. Activities, routines, and expectations that accommodate, complement, and support your child’s unique characteristics.
Forty Carrots educators are committed to:
- Provide quality education and be accountable for the wonderful experiences that children have at our center.
- Take into account everything we know about how children develop and learn and match that to the content and strategies planned for them in our classrooms.
- Treat children as individuals, not as a cohort group.
- Treat children with respect - recognizing changing capabilities and trusting the child’s capacity to grow and learn.
Forty Carrots educators recognize:
Children are active learners. At Forty Carrots, the children are given opportunities to gross motor activities each day.
Children learn from making their own choices. We create schedules that include free choice periods in which children can move freely and work and learn in small groups.
Children are curious. Teachers build activities around the children’s interests. Children have opportunities to explore materials and concepts; they pose problems and investigate solutions.
Children are playful. We integrate play through the day. The teachers provide children with a variety of props and other manipulative objects that encourage children to create and use their own ideas within the play.
Children have a world outside Forty Carrots. We look at the children within the context of their family, culture, community, past experience, and current circumstances to create age-appropriate, as well as individually appropriate, living and learning environments.
Forty Carrots’ standards include:
- Degreed teachers in each classroom
- Low teacher student ratios
- Innovative, creative approaches to learning that stimulates higher level analytical thinking
- Accreditation by NAEYC (The National Association for the Education of Young Children).
- Supporting and enhancing the education experience by using exceptional tools such as The Creative Curriculum, Teaching Strategies Gold Assessment, Handwriting Without Tears, Enhanced Science Curriculum, and The Kindness Curriculum.
- A safe environment including physical surroundings, staff and volunteers
Ages accepted: 2-5 years old.
Preschool Hours: 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Extended hours are available on an optional daily basis: 8:30 AM - 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM as well as after school enrichment programs. Visit 1 to 3 Adventures for a description of current programs.
School year: August 28 through May 25
Summer Programming: Optional, high quality summer programs available.
Applications for The Preschool at Forty Carrots in Sarasota, Florida are accepted on an ongoing basis, however parents are recommended to apply in January for the upcoming school year.
To learn about space availability or to arrange a tour, contact us.
Accreditations for The Preschool at Forty Carrots
NAEYC: National Association for the Education of Young Children NAEYC accreditation is a voluntary, rigorous process by which early childhood programs demonstrate that they consistently meet ten national, researched based standards of excellence. Fewer than five area Preschools maintain this designation.
Learn more about those standards, and NAEYC.
Department of Children and Families Child Care Services: Gold Seal Quality Care Program
This state program requires participating childcare facilitators to maintain quality care accreditation and higher education standards for staff. The Gold Seal Quality Care Program is an approved accreditation for childcare providers.
License # 58-03-00397