Find A Group And Register Your Child
For information on supporting and nurturing your child’s development, parenting skills and support, and other various topics, here are some of our Parenting Educators’ favorite local and national resources.
AHA PARENTING – Advice and information about parenting, behavior and connecting with your child.
ALL ABOUT SARASOTA KIDS – List of local resources for Sarasota families.
AMERICAN ACADEMY OF PEDIATRICS – Information on physical, mental, and social health and wellbeing for infants, children, adolescents and young adults.
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION – Guidance to expecting mothers about exposure to Zika virus.
CENTER ON MEDIA AND CHILD HEALTH – Educates and empowers children and those who care for them to create and consume media in ways that optimize children’s health and development.
CHILDREN’S MOVEMENT OF FLORIDA– A non-partisan grassroots movement of Floridians insisting on increased investment in the first five years of all our children.
COMMON SENSE MEDIA– Provides independent reviews, age ratings, & other information about all types of media.
HEALTHY CHILDREN – A website of the American Academy of Pediatrics focused on the health of children.
NATIONAL CHILD TRAUMATIC STRESS NETWORK – Tools for helping children cope with trauma and traumatic stress.
NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION PARENTS CENTRAL – Information and resources to keep your children safe on the road.
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA RESOURCE LINK – Guide to community resources in Charlotte, Collier, DeSoto, Glades, Hendry, Lee and Sarasota counties.
ZERO TO THREE – Offers interactive tools, parent handouts, FAQ’s and more to help support the health and development of babies and toddlers.
- The Happiest Baby on the Block, Harvey Karp, MD
- The Happiest Toddler on the Block, Harvey Karp, MD
- The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind, Daniel J. Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- Childhood Roots of Adult Happiness, Dr. Edward Hallowell
- Caring for Your Baby and Young Child, American Academy of Pediatrics
- The Irreducible Needs of Children, Brazelton and Greenspan
- Darn Good Parenting, Jan Faull
- Your Baby, Your Child, Penelope Leach
- Touchpoints: The Essential Reference, T. Berry Brazelton, MD
- The Emotional Life of the Toddler, Alicia Lieberman, PhD
- Mind In The Making, Ellen Galinsky
- The Bully, The Bullied, and the Bystander: From Preschool to High School, Barbara Colorosso
- Just Tell Me What to Say!, Betsy Brown Braun
- Nurturing Resilience In Our Children, Dr. Robert Brooks
- Kids Are Worth It!, Barbara Coloroso
- NO: Why Kids – of All Ages – Need to Hear It and Ways Parents Can Say It, Dr. David Walsh
- There’s Gotta Be A Better Way: Discipline That Works!, Becky Bailey
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk, Faber & Mazlish
- Dealing with Disappointment: Helping Kids Cope When Things Don’t Go Their Way, Elizabeth Crary
- Kids, Parents, and Power Struggles, Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- First Feelings, Stanley Greenspan
- Darn Good Advice, Baby, Jan Faull
- Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too, Faber & Mazlish
- Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings, Dr. Laura Markham
- Sleepless In America, Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- The Happiest Baby Guide to Great Sleep, Harvey Karp, MD
- Raising Your Spirited Child, Mary Sheedy-Kurcinka
- Living With The Active Alert Child, Linda Budd
- Know Your Child: An Authoritative Guide for Today’s Parents, Chess, Stella & Alexander Thomas
- Mommy, I Have to Go Potty, Jan Faull